Quiz: Top 5 Signs Your Feelings Are Making You Fat
by Colette Baron-Reid
- You feel disconnected and disoriented by strong emotions during family encounters, and you turn to food to calm down.
- During stressful times, you can gain weight without eating extra food.
- In your experience, fear and excess food go together.
- When you feel emotionally unsafe, food is temporarily calming and makes you feel grounded and secure, if only for a few seconds.
- You feel powerless when you’re in an emotional eating phase and powerful when you think you’ve got it handled.
Can you relate to these statements?
If you agree with even three out of the five signs above, your feelings are making you fat.
What I mean is your empathy is probably interfering with your ability to lose weight and keep it off.
You might be thinking, Great, now what? Do I just stop caring? Sort of, but it’s not that harsh. You don’t need to become an Ice Princess to maintain a healthy weight.
I know from whence I speak. Food sealed my porous boundaries where other people’s energy invaded me, and it allowed me to feel present in myself. I needed that quiet and calm, but I had to find a better way to achieve it. This revelation ended an exhausting war with food which was an incredible feat, given how much I have struggled with all of this over the years. It all began with understanding why I was feeling too much and why fear and frustration were making me fat.
If you know you need support with setting healthy boundaries, order my book Weight Loss for People Who Feel Too Much: A 4-Step, 8-Week Plan to Finally Lose the Weight, Manage Emotional Eating, and Find Your Fabulous Self and you will receive a free online home study class with a support forum called Jump Start that will give you wonderful guided meditations to help reduce stress and manage your emotions as well as a community forum that includes trained coaches and past participants to help you! (You might even drop a few pounds too!)
If you act quickly - you will also be in the draw for some fabulous prizes including a spa weekend getaway, a full weight loss coaching and nutrition program, a brand new Kindle Fire and more!
Buy the book now then head on over here to enter the draw.
This is a guest post by Colette Baron-Reid. For more information about Colette's book and the prize draw click here.